Wednesday, June 24, 2009

some women are from Venus, some are from Mars...

I spoke with the donor last night and he assured me he'll be making an appointment this afternoon for his testing and that he still very much wants to do this. Some things going on in his personal life had overwhelmed his thoughts for a few days so he had forgotten to make the appointment. I don't blame him, because I know the things he's talking about and they are really big things... Devastating things. I feel for him.

The girl and I are talkers. We express ourselves. We write, we talk, we sing. C is laconic. Exhaustingly so. Sometimes I feel as though I have to fight to get her to tell me how she feels. I met the girl just a few months after I met C, and yet I know the girls thoughts, confusing as they can be. I can read her. I can't read C. She remains shrouded in mystery most of the time. Opposites attract, and C and I are complete evidence of that. She is everything I'm not. I feel this will make us good parents, because we balance each other out. But sometimes it's very difficult to live with someone who barely speaks. To me quality time is spent conversing. She'd just as soon sit in front of the tv, so long as we're side by side.

This is something we've discussed many times and have worked to balance out. She tries to talk with me, I try to sit silently with her. But when I'm feeling incredibly emotional or frustrated her inability to discuss my emotions with me only makes it worse. A lot of times her answer is "have you talked to the girl about this?" because she knows that the girl gets it. The girl understands emotions. C doesn't. It's not a fault, it's simply a manner of difference between us.

When people say "gay marriage isn't right" they are fools. Because my marriage is exactly like every other. Venus fell in love with Mars...

1 comment:

  1. I am glad that you keep loving C. I know that it is hard to communicate with someone who appears to have no emotions or skills at talking. C can listen intently at your every word, even if you don't notice. C maybe from Mars, but Venus is not that differant.

    ReplyDelete