Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Homeowners

Tonight we start a class for First Time Homebuyers. It's four classes over the next two weeks. After we complete it we recieve a certificate that will give us all kinds of state help and benefits toward buying a house.

I would love to own a home before we have a baby, but that may not be possible. If not, at least soon afterward. I was moved a lot as a child, and never felt completely secure in my home. Because of this it has always been really important to me that my child have a secure home. I would love for our child to be able to go back to their childhood home as an adult and feel like it's still home, ya know?

So, tonight we start that process. Learning how to become homeowners.

The plan is to buy a house that has an inlaw apartment, and rent that out to the girl. The dream is to be in our yard with our child in the early afternoon, just as the girl is getting out of bed (she works an evening shift), and sitting with her while she drinks her coffee and C chases our little one around the yard. I picture a home with a lot of love and a lot of laughter, because in our little family we are never lacking in those...

No comments:

Post a Comment