Thursday, July 16, 2009

We Have A Donor

This is real. We are no longer the lesbians looking for sperm. We have a donor. He's tested clean and good to go. We're signing paperwork Saturday night with our notary (a.k.a. the girl) and our first insemination will follow within a few days after that.

I think it hit C tonight in a way it hadn't before. All of a sudden she is... SO EXCITED. Beyond anything I've seen up to this point. I keep having to remind her that it takes the average woman 4-6 months to get pregnant. She's pinning a lot of hopes on it not taking us that long. Honestly, I'm okay if it takes four to six months. I expect it to, even. Just knowing we have a donor and the process really can begin now makes me hate pregnant women a little less... lol

However, I'm beginning to think about money. I hope we can get enough into savings in the next few months to make me feel comfortable. We really don't have a lot to BUY for our baby so that's not an issue. I'm more concerned with covering medical expenses and time off from work. So, I'm going to start paying really close attention to our finances and trying to build us a little financial cushion as we begin this process... Any way I can make some extra cash I'm jumping on right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment